At TreviPay, we help clients grow by streamlining B2B payments through a combination of innovative technology, service expertise, and working capital to improve their customer’s experience and free up funding for growth. We facilitate $6 billion in transactions per year in 18 currencies for customers in more than 27 countries. We specialize in payment and credit management for B2B companies across the globe, setting the stage for the future of omni-channel B2B payments by extending terms, handling invoicing and managing collections. We take care of our clients by taking care of their customers.
Every day, TreviPay employees are challenged and empowered in a supportive, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
The job responsibilities for the Credit Analyst are as follows:
- Analyze applications for completeness, adequacy of information, and financial strength.
- Recommend Credit Lines to match creditworthiness of accounts.
- Correspond (verbal and written) with applicants, client representatives and account holders on reasons for declines, additional information and items concerning requests.
- Review applications and accounts for indications of fraud. Verifications are conducted via research, phone calls to applicant/account holder and references/contacts of applicant and account holder(s)
- Obtain appropriate security and/or other documentation to secure accounts (e.g. Cash Deposits, UCC and other liens, bank letters of credit, guarantees, etc.)
- Provide recommendations and obtain appropriate approval for various levels of credit lines assigned for accounts.
- Record new credit line approvals in all systems and files as required.
- Conduct annual reviews of accounts to ensure continued creditworthiness for existing account credit lines.
- Review existing accounts and provide recommendations for increases to credit lines.
- Review accounts listed on 80% report to determine whether an increase in credit line is warranted.
- Prepare and investigate Service Level Agreements (SLA) reports.
- Correspond with applicants/account holders on questions received by via phone, fax, email and other communication methods.
- Prepare & edit ‘desk guides’ to document current procedures.
- Conduct special projects (e.g. assess creditworthiness of specific industries, quality of accounts approved, automated processes and products, etc.).
- Review, assess impact, and take corrective action on informational alerts received from various reporting agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for the following in the ideal candidate:
- College degree required with emphasis in Business Administration or Accounting
- Basic understanding in financial statement analysis is required, experience in financial statement analysis is a plus
- Experience in a retail or sales environment is a plus
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret credit documentation and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and conflict resolution/problem solving skills are a must to interact with internal staff and customers
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills along with strong attention to details
- Highly intuitive nature in order to detect potential concerns while assessing credit worthiness.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Why you will love working at TreviPay
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, FSA, Life/AD&D, long and short term disability
- 401K matching
- Casual environment and dress
- Employee referral program
At TreviPay we believe:
- in saying yes to unique and challenging requirements
- empowered team members are creative team members
- our products make the customer’s day just a little bit better
- work/life balance makes us all more effective
TreviPay is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome all veterans and disabled applicants.