- Provides first-level technical resolution via multiple channels (eg Phone, Chat, Email) to provide support to end users. Support includes multiple enterprise applications (e.g. Google suite, MS Office suite, SAP, Internet
- browsers), and business / department-specific specialized applications (e.g. Rexis, Salesforce, Aurora, Cisco Contact
- Troubleshoots multiple platforms to include Windows, Macintosh, smartphones and tablet devices. Identifies
- and resolves hardware and software application conflicts. Follows global process for incident escalation to second level
- work groups.
- Opens and closes service requests and incidents, as well as manages the classification, assignment,
- tracking and completion of requests.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for at least one of the following to include applications, software, hardware or
- other and ensures technical expertise of SME area is learned in depth as main point of contact for SSC.
- Acts as mentor to Service Desk Agent roles, as appointed by direct and/or operational manager.
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through
- daily actions. Drives overall end-user satisfaction through individual and departmental Key Performance Indicators
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to learn or perform these essential duties and responsibilities:
1st Level Support - Standard
- Responsible for IT incidents and requests received via multiple channels (e.g.telephone, email, chat, self service portal, ticketing application or other.)
- Understand and adhere to Incident Management and Problem Management processes and policies. Ensure that resolutions are consistent with global standards and processes and do not introduce additional conflicts.
- Provides first level support for incidents for Roche approved software (SW), aligned with global and regional practices (e.g. Windows 7, Apple OS, Adobe Products or other).
- Provides first level support for incidents for Roche applications related to the Google Suite, Microsoft Office,
- SAP, Document Management tools (e.g. touchpoint, Sharepoint, Coremap), Conferencing tools (e.g. Webex), MAC Applications, and others.
- Provides first level support for Roche approved standard, and exception, hardware (e.g. laptops, desktops, tablets, mobile phones/devices, monitors and printers), and assistance for hardware (HW) requests per knowledge articles by location/site of end user.
- Provide assistance for SW requests and follows the appropriate process per knowledge article.
- Manages ticket lifecycle. Open and close service requests and incidents in the ticketing tool, as well as manage the classification, assignment, tracking, and completion of requests. Ensure end user is properly informed about progress and manages end user expectations.
- Escalates incidents/service tickets that can not be resolved at first level to level 2 subject matter experts per knowledge article’s assigned service owner.
- Instructs end users on how to best use Roche tools and services as part of ongoing support during end user interactions.
- Responsible to build technical expertise, and keep up to date to assist end users in the best possible solutions for timely issue resolution.
- Drive overall customer satisfaction through individual and departmental KPIs and process alignment
- Act upon feedback from quality reviews to impact direct support resolution more effectively.
1st Level Support - Business Application
- Provides first level support for incidents associated with Roche business applications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, triaging of issues, managing access rights, creation of User ID\'s, and
- navigation, and other elements as required.
1st Level Support - Subject Matter Expert
- Learns all necessary technical details of a specific solution, as assigned.
- Creates content and evaluates effectiveness of knowledge base content to ensure accurate response
- information is available for SSC, in coordination with the service owner.
- Acts to partner with solution owners and second level support teams to resolve complex issues.
- Communicate all relevant system/application based outage to relevant end-user and/or IT Function and/or stakeholder following agreed process with impacted site/location
- Dispatch tickets - monitor unassigned tickets coming from any channel and assign them quickly to the right specialist
- Make follow-up and track progress of ticket lifecycle, including long term tickets
- Ensure emails are translated into tickets in timely manner
- Escalate unacceptable situations that put the healthiness of the operations under risk.
Quality, Process and Service Improvement
- Participates in process improvement observation and projects to ensure processes are effective, efficient and harmonized across the SSC.
- Assists in the creation of the respective documentation (knowledge article or other) and to ensure the right SSC team members are trained.
Knowledge & Support Readiness
- Responsible for training new hires, as assigned, through self study, classroom and virtual training sessions.
- Verifies training aptitude via verbal and/or written assessments.
- Organize and/or deploying himself/herself trainings for new team members
- Identify, create situations and connect people with common expertise and knowledge (SME, solution owners and etc)
- Mentors SSC Agents and provides daily guidance, support and training.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years experience working in a customer support environment, IT call center, IT help desk or desk-side support environment required;
- or Associate’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years experience working in a customer support environment, IT call center, IT help desk or desk-side support center.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in, and contribute to, a fast paced and changing environment, where multiple priorities need to be effectively managed, while maintaining composure and flexibility in a structured environment.
- Must have a high aptitude for learning.
- Must be highly accountable and results oriented with a strong persistence, resourcefulness, drive and ability to work proactively.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to work any shift in a 24 hour by 365 day shared service center environment, with the option of extended hours or modified schedule to support planned activities or emergency situations.
- Excellent technical skills for analyzing and troubleshooting problems in a complex customer environment, including excellent follow through skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks among many
- Good understanding and strong demonstration of English and Portuguese languages, reading and writing skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS:
MCITP/MCSA/MCTS , ITIL Practitioner, or ITIL Foundations III certification, preferred