Client & Security Administrator Requisition ID: (21005593) Primary Location: Costa Rica-San Jose-San Jose de Costa Rica Job Function: Information Technology Job Posting Date: Apr 30, 2021, 10:08:10 AM
Emerson Enterprise IT offers a standard, centrally managed Client and Security operations environment to Emerson locations that opt to participate in the service. This associated operational role is key within Emerson IT Infrastructure, supporting, deploying and expanding the client strategy and security posture, with the following main operational responsibilities in an ITIL-inspired organization
- Management and deployments of the globally installed equipment base. Includes resolving operational Incidents, fulfilling customer Requests, and performing approved Changes and maintenance on the client assets
- Assist project and acquisition teams with deploying associated services to new and existing Emerson locations
- Provide Global Service Operational support for PC rollouts to sites, configuration of supporting servers and maintain Emerson software baseline up to date on all PC endpoints as defined by the Service Owners
- Provide Enterprise-scope patching for PC Endpoints aligned to Enterprise Security policies
- Execute Emerson-wide or specific scope software deployment projects
- Create and maintain up-to-date required Client & Security operating procedures and documentation
- Prepare and submit Root Cause Analysis reports for Severity 1 and 2 Incidents
- Ensure adhesion to SLA’s by a strong focus on automation and service improvement, working together with USS ( Local IT) , Workforce productivity, other Global Operations teams, and others as required
- Create, deploy and maintain Software packages for usage at Enterprise level using the existing framework
- Continual Service Improvement: Collaborate and actively feed-back to the Design Team and Management in order to develop and improve supported solutions and design
- Apply defined Security and Compliance policies, software, patches and regularly check their enforcing mechanisms are correctly applied
- Coach USS (local IT) , new members of the team, and interns on Client and Security Operations team as needed
- Education to degree level or equivalent, but experience may be considered in lieu of formal education
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Desk Side Support (which also includes IT users support) or an Operation function role, preferably in a large Enterprise environment
- ITIL certification or equivalent awareness is beneficial
- Language knowledge: must be fluent in business English (speaking / writing), other languages especially Romanian, Tagalog and Spanish are an advantage
- Specific Skills & Experience
- PC Hardware and software knowledge
- Microsoft Windows (Server/ Client) and Office basic administration skills
- Scripting skills (PowerShell, VBS) knowledge
- Experience with service desk ticketing systems.
- Effective communicator
- Able to manage challenge of daily remote communications through multiple tools (Instant messaging, email, phone, project management interface).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel for short periods of time
- Strong analytical capabilities and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you\'re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you\'ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.