Job Description: Business Summary:
VMware is seeking an Analyst on the Deal Management Team (DMT) to partner with Sales, Legal and Commercial Solutions to establish best practices aligned with our Corporate Initiatives. The DMT is a group of dynamic individuals established to support standard as well as highly negotiated, unique or strategic software contracts (Enterprise License Agreements) from inception of a sales opportunity to booking. The team is skilled and knowledgeable in a variety of areas including deal modelling, revenue recognition and commercial contract structure.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Exercise independent judgment and proactively seek guidance where needed in leading deal from quote to closing.
- Learn to navigate organizational structure and build relationships of trust with stakeholders.
- Identify areas of potential impact of revenue recognition and understand implications and be able to articulate impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate and negotiate commercial terms and maintain holistic assessment of a deal.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of tools required, identify system issues, and raise awareness to solve them.
- General understanding of products/services, their product family, and bundle components. Proactively identify inconsistencies in structuring and coach Sales accordingly.
- Follow internal business processes to solution and seek appropriate guidance/approvals to resolve situations that deviate from standard process or fallbacks.
- Understand customer requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Manage customer contracts from initial draft to closure within established company guidelines.
- Experience working in a diverse, Multicultural Organization
- Experience in working with or in IT Multinational organizations, Telecoms or Sourcing/Procurement
- Leadership skills with business acumen and a demonstrated track record of success
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to exercise good judgement whilst juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Law or related discipline.
* This role is flexible and can be done from home, in an office, or a combination of the two anywhere in Costa Rica.
Eventually, post-pandemic they will be expected to work onsite 1-2 days per week*
Category : Finance
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
/>Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.